LinkedinTwitterThe DetailsConnectBlog Facebook Meet the TherapistHome For Writers

Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Release of Elizabeth Mueller's Darkspell!

My friend and the most awesome illustrator in the world (see the Character Therapist drawing on http://charactertherapist.com home page) is releasing her debut novel, Darkspell, today! How appropriate, right?

To celebrate, she's hosting a Darkspell Launch Spookfesta! I signed up to be one of her "minions" (how cute is that?) and help get the word out about this talented lady. The topic for her Spookfesta is "If I had all the magic in the world, I'd..." so here goes!

If I had all the magic in the world, I would take away the misfortune and unhappiness of others by listening to their woes. As they would speak to me, their burden would grow lighter and their outlook would grow brighter. They would see a way out from under the stress and strain, a way to depart from the depression and abuse, a way to cling to hope and faith. By telling their story, by truly admitting to their pain and heartache, and seeking help with a pure motivation, they would end up healing themselves.

In a perfect, magic-filled world, that it.

Can you tell a therapist might want this power? Whew. Work myself out of a job, I would.

Anyway, here's a bit about Elizabeth's book:

Winter Sky believes she is everything ordinary . . .until she is kissed by Alex Stormhold.
 

As seer of Stormhold Coven, Alex is sworn to be Winter’s protector against the darkness that hunts her. Violently thrust into a magical realm she always thought impossible, she stumbles upon a disturbing secret of her own.
 

Will love prove thicker than magic?

So a different twist on paranormal! You can read the first chapter here.

Elizabeth did all the artwork in the book herself, too. She spent over 150 hours illustrating her novel to bring the reader deeper into the story. (I wonder if any studies have been done on how readers like this? I imagine that the psychological impact is higher, for one, as well as the reader connection with the characters. Just a therapeutic aside...)

You can order a signed copy of Darkspell at Elizabeth's website or you can just get it right now from Amazon! Elizabeth's blog is http://elizabethmueller.blogspot.com/ so stop by and show her some cyber love today.

Q4U: If you had all the magic in the world, what would you do?

7 comments:

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Thank you! I love your post. I love how you love people and want to help heal them, it really touches my heart. That's my ultimate desire compared to a log cabin on a 1000 acre horse-filled land.

I hope you have a great day, Jeannie, thanks again!

*HUGS*


♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

Anonymous said...

Just purchased the Kindle edition. This looks awesome - I love illustrated books so much.

Angie said...

That would be a terrific power to have. Love it!

mplanck said...

Your wish reminds of a Taylor Caldwell novel titled "The Listener." If you can get a copy, you might enjoy it. :-) Happy All Souls Day. Alice

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

alice - that book must be out of print...it's ridiculously expensive on amazon!

mplanck said...

Jeannie, I think I still have that book, The Listener, in my library. I'll look for it and if you'd like it, would be happy to post it to you. :-)

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

alice - that'd be awesome! i'll email you my address. thanks!

Post a Comment

Both comments and questions are welcome. I hope you enjoyed your time on the couch today.