LinkedinTwitterThe DetailsConnectBlog Facebook Meet the TherapistHome For Writers

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Weekend Funnies: Therapists Vs. Bartenders

  EVER SINCE I WAS A CHILD, I'VE ALWAYS HAD A FEAR OF SOMEONE UNDER MY BED AT NIGHT. SO I WENT TO A THERAPIST AND TOLD HIM:
 
 'I've got problems. Every time I go to bed I think there's somebody under it. I'm scared. I think I'm going crazy.'
 
 'Just put yourself in my hands for one year,' said the shrink. 'Come talk to me three times a week and we should be able to get rid of those fears.'
 
 'How much do you charge?'
 
 'One hundred dollars per visit,' replied the doctor.
 
 'I'll sleep on it,' I said.
 
 Six months later the doctor met me on the street. 'Why didn't you come to see me about those fears you were having?' he asked.
 
 'Well, One hundred bucks a visit three times a week for a year is an awful lot of money! A bartender cured me for $10. I was so happy to have saved all that money that I went and bought me a new pickup!'
 
 'Is that so!' With a bit of an attitude he said, 'and how, may I ask, did a bartender cure you?'
 
 'He told me to cut the legs off the bed! Ain't nobody under there now!'