LinkedinTwitterThe DetailsConnectBlog Facebook Meet the TherapistHome For Writers

Monday, January 7, 2013

Best Christmas Gift for Germaphobes

I've been asked multiple times by family members and friends what my favorite Christmas gift was of 2012.

My answer?


My new Sonicare Essence Power E-series Toothbrush.

A toothbrush?

Ah....if you only knew how OCD I am about my teeth, you'd know this was the most perfect gift my husband could have bought me.

O Sonicare, let me count the ways I love you:

1) You feel like you've just stepped out of the dentist office...every time you brush.

2) It has an ooh-la-la gum massage function....which is just as it sounds. Mah-velous.

3) It feeds my OCD-ness: you brush the prescribed 2 minute period, but it beeps at you every 30 seconds to let you know to focus on a different quadrant of your mouth (up right, up left, down right, down left). I sigh in satisfaction as I know each tooth is getting the right amount of tender, loving care.

4) It holds charge for at least 2 weeks, which is great for traveling.

5) Changing toothbrush heads is extremely easy to do...no wires, batteries, etc.

6) It's actually a politically-correct gift for someone with OCD because everyone needs to have good dental hygiene. (My husband gets a lovely snort each time he tells someone what he got me...and WHY.)

7) I get an equally good snort when I tell people my husband shopped at Costco and got 2 of these brushes for the price of 1....so he basically ripped me off by getting himself a gift disguised as a gift to me. Even I have to admit this was great thinking on his part. 

Let's Analyze

What's the BEST Christmas gift you got? Why?