LinkedinTwitterThe DetailsConnectBlog Facebook Meet the TherapistHome For Writers

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Technique Toolbox - Grieving the Loss of a Child

I received an email from American Family Media not too long ago with a movie "ticket" to see their 40-minute film, Flame On.

I knew very little about the subject matter, but I went to the website to check it out. I had to register my email address, but then I could watch the film for free.

I can't tell you how this film touched me. I'm from Mississippi, and the family who loss their son, Cooper Jasper, is from Tupelo, not too far from my hometown. They are so candid as they talk about the loss of Cooper. They are grieving intensely, almost two years later, but they have the hope of the Lord! It's evident in so many ways.

I'm going to keep the link to this film and show it to clients who go through the tragic loss of a child. If you yourself have been through this, or know someone who has, PLEASE give them the link to Flame On. Here is a news clip about the family with some clips from the movie itself:



You can go to the official Flame On website at http://flameon.net/. Click "Watch" and you can enter your email address and get a direct link to the movie.

Tragedy strikes everyone. It rains on the just and the unjust. This family has got it spot on. You never "get over it," but you do "get through it" with Jesus.

I'm so glad I found this movie to keep in my toolbox for clients. Hope you enjoy it and it speaks to you.

Wordle: signature

1 comment:

Vicki Rocho said...

I'd be sobbing for sure. I tear up during kids' movies, so I'm pretty sure I'd go through a box of Kleenex with something like this. I don't know how you can ever completely heal after losing a child.

Post a Comment

Both comments and questions are welcome. I hope you enjoyed your time on the couch today.