LinkedinTwitterThe DetailsConnectBlog Facebook Meet the TherapistHome For Writers

Monday, December 19, 2011

Last Line Lemons

Since December is the last month of the year, I thought it might be appropraite to talk about the last lines of your books. Here are some memorable ones:

“It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.” Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities (1859)

“Tomorrow, I’ll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another day.” Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind (1936)

“And they all lived happily ever after.” fairy tales the world over

When a last line resonates with the readers, it becomes somehow etched in their minds as a beacon illuminating the entire book. Some of the above examples are no doubt familiar to many of you. They have become immortalized in time. The perfect ending to inspire wonder, instill hope, allay fears, and clear up questions.

Click here to read the rest of my December article on Christian Fiction Online Magazine.