LinkedinTwitterThe DetailsConnectBlog Facebook Meet the TherapistHome For Writers

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Weekend Funnies, True Story, and Novel Rocket Interview


Now for the true story.

Counseling a little 5-year-old girl in a janitor-closet-turned-play-therapy-room. We're playing dolls with the doll house when suddenly she said, "Miss Jeannie! There's a spider! Get it! Get it!!" I looked and sure enough, in the corner of the living room ceiling, there was a perfect specimen of my worst nightmare. I jumped up and said, "YOU get it!" She looked up at me with such an expression of confusion that I laughed and talked myself out of my own frenzy to "get" the spider (yes, there were a few yelps) for her. So tell me this....who needs a therapist more? :)

Q4U: Ever tried taking a speck out of someone's eye when you've got a plank in yours?

Check out my interview on Novel Rocket here!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Too cute and too funny. Glad you were finally able to "get it." :O)

Julia Munroe Martin said...

That's such a funny story, haha! As for who needs a therapist more? I think spiders are a special case! :)

Lucy said...

Well, if nothing else, she knows you're "for real."

Post a Comment

Both comments and questions are welcome. I hope you enjoyed your time on the couch today.